With a co-owner who is British (Jayne), Sealantro at McKee Botanical Garden offers the most authentic Afternoon Teas in town. At least once a month, twice in Season, the cafe is transformed into an English tea shop.
We follow the traditional format, serving the three elements of tea on tiered serving plates.
The first tier consists of finger sandwiches (crusts off, of course!). A typical selection might be minted cream cheese and cucumber; organic egg salad and house grown micro watercress; smoked salmon, Irish butter, and cucumber; turkey, romaine and cranberry aioli.
The second tier includes house made scones, preserves, and clotted cream, which we also make in-house.
The third tier is the crowning glory of pastries, cakes and petits fours. Sachertorte, strawberry eclairs, macarons, lavender madeleines, mini French style fruit tartlets feature frequently. We follow up with a slice of Victoria Sandwich Cake, the quintessential British tea cake. All desserts are made in house by Jayne, and by local pastry chef Mary Storey. Selections of pastries may vary.
Afternoon tea is $29.95 per person, with a 10 percent discount for McKee members. A service charge of $5 is applied to each guest. Tickets must be purchased in advance and reservations fill up quickly. Please call 772-794-0601, ext. 111, to obtain your tickets.
Afternoon Tea Calendar (all teas commence at 3:30 PM; doors open at 3:20)
- Sunday, July 21st, 2019
- Sunday, August 11th, 2019
- Sunday, October 13th, 2019
- Sunday, November 3rd, 2019
- Sunday, November 17th, 2019
- Saturday, December 7th, 2019
- Saturday, December 14th, 2019
- Saturday, January 11th, 2020
- Saturday, January 25th, 2020
- Friday, February 14th, 2020
- Saturday, February 29th, 2020
- Saturday, March 14th, 2020
- Saturday, March 28th, 2020
- Saturday, April 25th, 2020
- Sunday, May 10th, 2020 (Mother’s Day)
- Saturday, June 13th, 2020