Sunday, March 19th, 2022, from 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM.
- Do you want to run when you see a formal table setting?
- Is your spouse on your case to improve your manners?
- Have you ever embarrassed yourself by taking someone else’s bread plate or water glass?
- Do you get anxious at business meals in case you don’t do anything right? Then play with your food and leave hungry rather than humiliating yourself by eating incorrectly?
- Are you sick of being the brunt of family jokes about your table manners?
- Does more pasta sauce get on your shirt than in your mouth when you twirl spaghetti?
- Have friends and family stopped inviting you to dinner parties?
As an adult, you are supposed to know how to behave in social situations and lead by example, but with today’s tendencies towards casual dining, eating in front of the TV, and the demise of the nightly family meal, it’s quite likely you might find yourself on unfamiliar terrain for which you have not been prepared.
That’s why I’m here! To stop you from being full of dread at a fine dining establishment, blushing at a business lunch, or cringing at a formal dinner on a cruise.
If you haven’t been shown the ins and outs of formal dining, it’s not your fault. My Modern Formal Dining class teaches you to breeze through every aspect of formal dining from soup to nuts, and from nuts to the cheese course.
You will learn:
- How to enter, greet, and take your place.
- How to fathom the table setting from the myriad of silverware to the array of glasses.
- How to handle silverware in the American style and the Continental style.
- How to interact with your host and fellow diners without faux pas.
- How to taste and drink wine, or decline if you wish to abstain.
- How to excuse yourself and leave graciously.
Best yet, this class is not a lecture. You’ll be putting into practice everything you learn with a five-course meal and an option to pair wine.
Date: Sunday, March 19th from 5 PM to 7:30 PM
Cost: $129 (5-course meal included. Wine pairing $29). To reserve a spot, call 772-492-3614, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on this link.
At this time, special diets cannot be accommodated.